Frequent Questions

How do I anonymously report a tip, complaint, oil or other chemical spill?

To report a tip or complaint (e.g., a possible violation of EPA's environmental laws), visit EPA's Compliance and Enforcement web site at

To report an environmental emergency, such as an oil or chemical spill,
call the National Response Center at 1-800-424-8802.

BP oil spill:

  • If you wish to report that your property has been damaged by oil from the spill, please call 1-800-440-0858
  • To report oiled or injured wildlife, please call 1-866-557-1401
  • To report oil on land, or for general community and volunteer information, please call 1-866-448-5816

Have more questions? Submit a request