Frequent Questions

How do I apply for a Standardized Permit?

An owner/operator applies for a standardized permit by submitting a Notice of Intent, with supporting documents, to the regulatory authority. The Notice of Intent is not an actual form, but a letter sent to the state informing the regulatory authority that the applicant is applying for a standardized permit. All the additional information mentioned at 40 CFR 270.275 would accompany the letter. The regulatory authority then reviews these submissions to determine whether the applicant is eligible for a standardized permit, and if so, issues a draft permit decision for public comment.

Have more questions? Submit a request