Frequent Questions

Has the United States entered into bilateral and multilateral agreements to allow transfrontier shipments of hazardous waste with Basel parties?

The United States currently has entered into bilateral agreements with Canada, Mexico, Malaysia, and Costa Rica. A multilateral agreement that allows transfer of hazardous waste between members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) for recovery purposes exists between the United States and the members of the OECD.

Have more questions? Submit a request