Frequent Questions

I am looking for information about a RCRA permit for a specific company. Can I find this company?s permit on the EPA Web site?

Hazardous waste information is contained in RCRAInfo, a national program management and inventory system about hazardous waste handlers. Permitted hazardous waste treatment, storage, and disposal facilities (TSDFs) are required to provide information to states or regional and national EPA offices. You may use the hazardous waste (RCRAInfo) query on the Envirofacts Web site to locate RCRAInfo information for specific hazardous waste handlers by their facility name or ID number, or location information such as zip code. This site can be used to find a range of information on most treatment, storage, and disposal facilities regarding permit and closure status, compliance with federal and state regulations, and cleanup activities. There is also contact information for the facility, which may be able to provide a copy of the facility's permit.

The Envirofacts Web site is available at the following URL:

If you have tried searching through Envirofacts and have not found the information you are seeking, the best resource for obtaining hazardous waste data for a specific site or area is the state environmental agency.

Have more questions? Submit a request